NRF24L01 is, in fact, a Radio Transceiver module and it operates on 2.4 GHz frequency. This module is a by default half- duplex fabricated module and it has the capability to send and receive data simultaneously. It’s a very cheap & small sized module but it’s features are astonishing. For example this module is capable of sending from 1 to 25 bytes of raw data simultaneously and the data transmission rate is up to 1 mega bytes per second.
The radio front end uses GFSK modulation. It has user configurable parameters like frequency channel, output power and air data rate. The air data rate supported by the nRF24L01 is configurable up to 2Mbps. The high air data rate combined with two power saving modes makes the nRF24L01 very suitable for ultra low power designs.
Applications: Remote Control, Telemetry, Wireless Meter Reading, Access Control Systems, Residential Paging, Industrial Data Acquisition Systems, Wireless Tags, Identification, Contactless RF Smart Card, Small Wireless Data Terminal, Fire Safety Systems, Wireless Remote Control Systems, Bio-Signal Acquisition etc.
- Operating Frequency: 2400MHz ~ 2524MHz
- Modulation: GMSK
- Transmit power: more than +20 dbm, 50Ω
- Receiver sensitivity:-95dbm
- Operating voltage: 2.7V ~ 3.6V
- Max Emission current: 115mA
- Max Receive current: 45mA
- Operating temperature: -45 degrees to +85 degrees
- Storage temperature: -45 degrees to +125 degrees
- Gain Of PA: 20 dB
- Gain Of LNA: 10 dB