The SIM900A is a readily available GSM/GPRS module,used in many mobile phones and PDA. The module can also be used for developing IOT (Internet of Things) and Embedded Applications. SIM900A is a dual-band GSM/GPRS engine that works on frequencies EGSM 900MHz and DCS 1800MHz. With a tiny configuration of 24mmx24mmx3mm, SIM900A can fit in almost all the space requirements in user applications, especially for slim and compact demand of design. SIM900A Modem can work with any GSM network operator SIM card just like a mobile phone with its own unique phone number. Applications like SMS Control, data transfer, remote control and logging can be developed. SIM900A modem supports features like voice call, SMS, Data/Fax, GPRS etc.
SIM900A modem uses AT commands to work with supported features.
Note that to be connected to a cellular network, the modem requires a SIM card provided by a network provider.
- Cellular Communication
- Mobile Phone Accessories
- Computer Peripherals
- Automobile etc.
- Dual-Band 900/ 1800 MHz
- GPRS multi-slot class 10/8GPRS mobile station class B
- Compliant to GSM phase 2/2+Class 4 (2 W @850/ 900 MHz)
- Class 1 (1 W @ 1800/1900MHz)
- Control via AT commands (GSM 07.07 ,07.05 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands)
- Low power consumption: 1.5mA(sleep mode)
- Operation temperature: -40°C to +85 °C
- Status indicator(D5):It will flashes continuously whenever the call arrives otherwise it is left ON.
- Network LED(D6):This led will blink every second which indicates that the GSM module is not connected to the mobile network. Once the connection is established successfully, the LED will blink continuously every 3 seconds.