In many electronic projects it is necessary to run an operation according to the time or date And the calculation of the time and date shouldn’t stop when the system shuts down. For this purpose, Real Time Clock (RTC) modules are used.
DS1307 module is one of the most affordable and common RTCs modules. It can accurately keep track of seconds, minutes, hours, days, months, and years.
Some of the DS1307 important features are:
- Ability of Generating Programmable Square-Wave
- Low Current Use; under 500nA in Battery Backup mode
- The Ability to Set the Date Up to Year 2100
- I2C Serial Interface
- DS1307 I2C real time clock chip (RTC).
- 24C32 32 K I2C EEPROM memories.
- Using LIR2032 rechargeable lithium battery and charging circuit with.
- DS1307 with battery backup cannot solve the problem of literacy.
- Fully charged, can provide DS1307 timing 1 year.
- Compact design, 27mm * 28mm * 8.4mm.
- Leads to the DS1307 clock pin provides the clock signal for the microcontroller.