ZB2L3 is a simple, cheap, standalone battery capacity tester. It connects to the battery and a load resistor. This module can discharge the battery by drawing current to the high wattage resistor. By calculating the discharging current, time and others parameter it can measure the capacity of a battery. The discharging limit can be set by user. This module has a 4 digit 7 segment display which shows different parameter like volts, current and capacity of the battery. The module is powered by 5v and has a micro usb port to connect the power cable.
Using the resistance of the discharge process, resistive load will seriously heat, please pay attention to safety!
Please install the 50W aluminum resistance (has been soldered half part of high temperature line) to a metal plate to use!
This circuit voltage in order to improve the measurement accuracy, specially designed DC bias, when the terminal connects nothing will display a small voltage, but does not affect the actual measurement, if you are shorting the input terminal (absolute 0V) will display 0. If you want to know the principle, you can check the superposition theorem of electrical engineering.
Error codes and their meanings:
Err1: Battery voltage is above 15V
Err2: Battery voltage is lower than the termination voltage
Err3: Battery can not afford to load discharge current or the circuit resistance is too high
Err4: Overcurrent (current exceeds 3.1A)
1 x ZB2L3 Battery Capacity Tester Module
2 x 5W 7.5Ohm Resistor
- Power supply voltage: DC4.5-6V (micro USB connector)
- Operating current: Less than 70mA
- Discharge voltage: 1.00V-15.00V, 0.01V resolution
- Termination voltage range: 0.5-11.0V
- Supported current: Maximum 3.000A, 0.001A resolution
- Maximum voltage measurement error: 1% 0.02V
- Maximum current measurement error: 1.5% ± 0.008A
- Maximum battery capacity range: 9999Ah (1Ah = 1000mAh) greater value is switched by shifting the decimal point, when it is less than 10Ah will display X.XXX, up to 10Ah or more will display XX.XX, and so on.
Watch this video to learn how to use ZB2L3 Battery Test Module: Video Link