When it comes to measuring or detecting a particular Gas the MQ series Gas sensors are the most commonly used ones. The MQ-2 Gas sensor can detect or measure gasses like LPG, Alcohol, Propane, Hydrogen, CO and even methane. The module version of this sensor comes with a Digital Pin which makes this sensor to operate even without a microcontroller and that comes in handy when you are only trying to detect one particular gas. When it comes to measuring the gas in ppm the analog pin has to be used, the analog pin also TTL driven and works on 5V and hence can be used with most common microcontrollers.
So if you are looking for a sensor to detect or measure gasses like LPG, Alcohol, Propane, Hydrogen, CO and even methane with or without a microcontroller then this sensor might be the right choice for you.
- Detects or measure Gases like LPG, Alcohol, Propane, Hydrogen, CO and even methane
- Air quality monitor
- Gas leak alarm
- Safety standard maintenance
- Maintaining environment standards in hospitals
- Operating Voltage is 5V
- Can be used to Measure or detect LPG, Alcohol, Propane, Hydrogen, CO and even methane
- Analog output voltage: 0V to 5V
- Digital Output Voltage: 0V or 5V (TTL Logic)
- Preheat duration 20 seconds
- Can be used as a Digital or analog sensor
- The Sensitivity of Digital pin can be varied using the potentiometer
Watch this video to learn how to use MQ-2 Gas Sensor: Video Link