The L293D is a dual-channel H-Bridge motor driver capable of driving a pair of DC motors or single stepper motor. As the shield comes with two L293D motor driver chipsets, that means it can individually drive up to four DC motors making it ideal for building four-wheel robot platforms. The shield offers total 4 H-Bridges and each H-bridge can deliver up to 0.6A to the motor. The shield also comes with a 74HC595 shift register that extends 4 digital pins of the Arduino to the 8 direction control pins of two L293D chips.
Arduino compatible multipurpose Motor Driver shield. Can be used for driving DC, stepper and servo motors. This is the clone of the popular Adafruit Motor shield. All the libraries and tutorials for that adafruit motor shield are also compatible with this one.
- Driving Stepper Motor using Arduino.
- Driving DC Motor using Arduino.
- Driving Servo Motor using Arduino.
- 2 interface for 5V Servo connected to the for Arduino's high-resolution dedicated timer - no jitter.
- Can drive 4 DC motors or 2 stepper motors or 2 Servo.
- Up to 4 bi-directional DC motors with individual 8-bit speed selection.
- Up to 2 stepper motors (unipolar or bipolar) with single coil, double coil or interleaved stepping.
- 4 H-Bridges: per bridge provides 0.6A (1.2A peak current) with thermal protection, can run motors on 4.5V to 36V DC.
- Pull down resistors keep motors disabled during power-up.
- 2 external terminal power interface, for seperate logic/motor supplies.
- Compatible with Arduino UNO, Mega, Diecimila & Duemilanove.
- Reset button.
Watch this video to learn how to use L293D Motor Driver Shield: Video Link