L293D is a typical Motor driver or Motor Driver IC which allows DC motor to drive on either direction. L293D is a 16-pin IC which can control a set of two DC motors simultaneously in any direction. It means that you can control two DC motor with a single L293D IC. Dual H-bridge Motor Driver integrated circuit (IC). The l293d can drive small and quiet big motors as well, check the Voltage Specification at the end of this page for more info.
In a single L293D chip there are two h-Bridge circuit inside the IC which can rotate two dc motor independently. Due to its size it is very much used in robotic application for controlling DC motors and Stepper Motor.
- Maximum Supply Voltage 36 V
- Maximum Logic Supply Voltage 36 V
- Maximum Input Voltage 7 V
- Maximum Enable Voltage 7 V
- Peak Output Current (100 ms non repetitive) 1.2 A
- Total Power Dissipation at Tpins = 90 °C 4 W
- Storage and Junction Temperature – 40 to 150 °C